A country girls dream







Today I watched my ponies from within my cosy tack room and all felt well with the world once more. Safety is a warming feeling we get within our very soul, yet it can so easily be stripped away from us when something untoward happens . . . today,  my meadowcat sits beside me, snuggled upon his chair, occasionally looking up with an affectionate gaze for a soft head scratch from my obliging hand, reminding me that all is well and good here. Simply trust it.

Every so often the ponies catch sight of me and their ears twitch in my direction, followed by a soft, snorting chuckle in acknowledgment to my presence.

 It is cold outside and our meadow is loosing it’s warm summer glow, replaced by fallen leaves which carpet the ground, and bare patches forming in the branches of the ash, field maple and hazel trees.

The view of woodland beyond is golden and brown and the footpath is showing patches of mud and puddles for jumping in - or trotting through if the ponies decide a quick pace is in order!

and then . . . there is my home outside of the meadow. A place of love, care, warmth and simple pleasures ready to restore me for the next meadow day.

A place where my ideas for meadow life blossom and form into ideas to exchange with meadow friends. Writing is a cosy, restful evening past time and a lot of regrouping from the day is in order to restore calm.

With two special places of my very own, there are no other visits, destinations, trips I would rather take, than my little journey to my beautiful Meadow and home again.

If comfort zones are happy, healthy places, staying in them sometimes is all you ever need.

Dreams come in all different shapes and sizes after all . . .





Comments

Popular Posts